Make us part of your legacy
By leaving a gift in your will you are helping to ensure that we can continue our services and vital work in the local community.
We strongly recommend using a qualified solicitor or a professional will writer when making or updating your will.
How do I leave a gift in my will?
- Discuss your ideas and plans with your solicitor who will be able to ensure your will is fully legal and reflects your wishes.
- You’ll need to include our name, address and registered charity number: 1128413
- If you already have a will, you can update it by adding a codicil and again, your solicitor will be best-placed to assist with this process to ensure it is all legally binding.
- Most people choose to either give a gift of money (after family and friends, are taken care of) and this can either be a percentage of the estate or a fixed amount. It is also possible to gift a particular item, perhaps a painting, jewellery or other items of value.
- Gifts to UK registered charities are exempt from inheritance tax, and may also bring down the total value of your estate below the Inheritance Tax threshold. We strongly recommend that you speak to a solicitor for advice on tax issues.
- If you would like to discuss any aspect of leaving us a gift in your will, or to let us know that you have already have, please contact us