- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Thursday, 07 April 2016 10:38
- Written by Super User
Join us as a volunteer!
Our volunteers are at the core of our organisation and we simply could not operate without them.
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities. You could help with giving advice to clients, campaigning on social issues, providing administration and IT support or joining our Trustee Board. We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
We work hard to match our volunteers to roles they will enjoy. We provide full training and support, flexible hours and a supportive atmosphere that allows our volunteers to make a direct contribution to the local community whilst developing their own knowledge, skills and experience.
What will I get out of volunteering?
- Make a real, positive and meaningful difference to your local community
- Challenge yourself and help others
- Increase your confidence and professional skills and improve your employment prospects
- Access training and development and gain valuable experience
- Meet new people and make new friends
Do I need certain qualifications?
It will depend on which role you are interested in. All advice volunteers receive comprehensive free training so do not need any previous qualifications or experience.
In most other roles, volunteers preferably need some previous experience. However, we offer a learning environment and volunteering in any role will give you the chance to develop your skills.
We need all volunteers to be open-minded, non-judgemental and be able to listen, learn, and work in a team.
Did you know?
- Over 16,000 people volunteer for the Citizens Advice Service
- 73% of employers would employ candidates with volunteering experience over one who had none.
- 63% of 25-34 year olds say that volunteering helps them to feel less stressed
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer please complete the Volunteering Enquiry Form and we'll be in touch.
Q: What is the process for applying to be a Volunteer?
Our process consists of :
- A simple Application Form
- We will apply for 2 references for you
- An informal interview
- An induction
Q: Do I have to volunteer for a minimum number of hours?
For some roles, such as giving advice, we ask for you to commit to 6 hours per week. Other roles may vary. As we spend considerable resources on supporting our volunteers, we ask for a commitment of 12 months.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
We have a minimum age restriction of age 16, but no upper age limit..
Q: Do you recruit all year?
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us out and opportunities arise all the time.
If you are interested, get in touch and register so we can match your preferences to our opportunities and training as things come up.
Q: Are you an Equal Opportunities Organisation?
Yes, we welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, regardless of religion, race and sexuality
Q: Do I need a criminal record check (DBS).
This is not usually required; however, if you are working alone with certain groups of clients, this may be needed. We will let you know you if this is necessary.
How can I help?
If you are interested in joining us, for any volunteer role, please do get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
Please complete our Volunteering Enquiry Form and we'll send you further details.
Currently, we are in a particular need of volunteers for the following roles:
- Help with organising fundraising events
- create publicity for fundraising campaigns
- Developing and maintaining a database of supporters
Publicity and Marketing
- design and produce promotional materials
- write press releases
- build relationships with local media
- help develop our website
- write copy for our Newsletter
- help us to arrange promotional events, displays and talks
- Use our social media.